Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ODE to Pumpkin

Oh Pumpkin. Orange and round.

My very favorite kind of pie-

You turn my frowns upside down,

And bring a tear to my eye.

And with a mountain of whipped cream,

You are a yummy treat,

In my coffee you are a dream-

The only fruit I want to eat.

(You make the holidays complete!)











**** Oh, no- you are thinking I am unaware of how retarded I am. Nope, I know.

*******Pumpkin being a fruit... isn't that funny?

********* There are very few words that rhyme with "coffee", "yummy", or "tasty". And some very harsh words that rhyme with "pie".

4 comments:

Ash said...

This is the best poem about pumkins I've ever read on a Thursday afternoon when the sun was shining while wearing my Chiefs sweatshirt.

Ash said...

pumPkins.

Han said...

Hehe. I like "Pumkins" better.

mominmo said...

Now, that's a poem. Think I can have a copy to share with my jr high kids?