Thursday, May 6, 2010

Trials and Remembering

It's been about a year and a half since moving to AL and becoming a newly wed. It has been an adventure, for sure, and sometimes a difficult one. I found myself on the "bottom of the bucket" a few days ago. This has happened a few times already... feeling lonely, helpless, frustrated, angry... and not just at being married or living here- my job, my health care, my goals, my schoolwork...

I started to think about other times in my life. Sometimes the crap just hits all at once. And who knows why... but I think of them as seasons. I KNOW there is another season coming. I can feel it. I think the upcoming move to Germany has something to do with it too, but I feel a readiness to say goodbye to this and move forward.

So I was reading through my well-used Bible and came across so many verses that I'd underlined a long time ago. Verses that were so important at different times. And I felt at peace. It was as if the old me was looking through the pages and helping me remember all the wonderful things God did in my life.

And there is much yet to happen! I need to remember these things. (God scolded Israel all the time about remembering...)

I'm choosing to remember that I have a wonderful husband and a lot of good things in store. A lot of lessons to remember (learning the hard way) and a lot of areas for improvement... but a new season is coming.

1 comment:

Ash said...

I need some of your attitude to rub off on me...it's hard when you feel you're only the baloney in a big crap sandwich.