Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's a Wal-Mart World...

Many of you know I had eye surgery a few years ago and my vision is still a bit fuzzy when it comes to distance. I'm on a steroid eye drop once a day to help this- however sometimes it's still a bit of an inconvenience.

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday doing some shopping for my lemon soufflĂ© and toilet paper, when I see a man in an orange hoodie shopping near the produce aisle. I squinted and squinted… pretty sure he was a relative of mine!! His name- I think- is Buffy and he is on my grandpa's side, maybe a 3rd or 4th cousin. I wanted to say hello, but I had to make sure it was him…

So there I am like a stalker walking up and down aisles trying to get close enough, and finally get the courage to walk right past him. He looked right at me, and sure enough, it WAS him. However, he looked at me without a hint of recollection, so I decided to just walk on and leave it alone. Who wants to try to explain to someone that they REALLY ARE related- somehow- in the cooking section of Wal-Mart? That would have been awkward…

But it was this brush with awkwardness that took me into the vision center and ordered me some nice- expensive- new glasses. BAH.

Stay tuned for the addition of some "spectacles" to my lovely face. I'm sure to be TWICE as attractive so hold on!! ;o)

(Note: this temporary brush with attractiveness because of glasses should only last hopefully 10 months, when hopefully I will be able to get a "touch-up" surgery. Don't worry…)







No comments: