Thursday, April 24, 2008

A WHAT Horse?

"'Charley horse' can be as painful as it is mysterious.
The charley horse, or nocturnal leg cramp, is as common as it is unwelcome — a miserable, unexplainable affliction that has us, and doctors, wondering why the heck it happens and how we can avoid the next one." -ABC News



I am going crazy. Last night I woke up to a HORRIBLE cramp in my leg- the one where you can't breathe until it's over and then you lay there stunned out of your blissful slumber wondering what just happened... I thought for some reason it was a "crazy horse". When I told a co-worker about my "crazy horse" they looked really confused and told me they had never heard of such a thing before. So I spent about 15 minutes trying to Google search the "crazy horse" and show them that its a term for an awful cramp in your muscles that makes you imobile/want to die. Didn't come up with anything- because I'm retarded. It's called a CHARLEY HORSE. Duh.


And just to stand on my soapbox for a minute- who the BLEEP decided to give such a horrible experience such a cute name? Why not call a headache a "Justin Horse"? (That would be my suggestion, named fondly for the 83 year old crump I have to work for every day...) And there are others, like "tennis elbow" and "trigger finger". Those are also too cute... ugh.


I am going to re-name painful events so that I feel better telling others that I survived them.


List of possibilties:
Leg-Death Horse
Fiery Spasm Horse
Seizure Agony Horse
Suffering Horse


Any other great ideas for appropriate names for any kind of pain? I'd love to hear your ideas...



2 comments:

bec said...

hahaha. i do not know what to say about this all really, except that i laughed thoroughly.

i truly do hate charlie horses, so much that they may as well be called lucifer horses.

ps: i hear that such cramps can be due to a potassium deficiency - so eat your bananas, han!

Ash said...

I kind of like your "Crazy Horse"...because when you get one, you tend to kick like a horse gone crazy. It makes more sense than "Charley Horse."

And speaking of misnomers...ask Trent what the end of a loaf of bread is called.